margin-left:-80px;

Sunday 26 January 2014

A healthy happy start


To coincide with #100happydays, I have also been looking into what I eat, hoping that if I feel good on the inside it will only boost my feelings on the outside! 

As a self-confessed chocoholic, eating a healthy clean and lean lifestyle will never be easy, that is unless you live near a Whole Foods Market (luckily for me there is one by my uni), where useful guilt free and natural ingredients are their speciality, my favourites are coconut oil (actually now available at most health stores and large supermarkets), raw coco powder and cacao nibs. There is also lots of yummy naturally gluten and diary free alternatives too. 

It was at Whole Foods where I was able to buy all the ingredients for this totally natural guilt free treat:

Cocoa nib cookies

130g almond-mil (or ground almonds)
2.5 tbs of melted coconut oil
2.5 tbs of rice syrup(or maple)
0.25 tsp of baking powder
0.25 tsp of sea salt (not too fine)
1 tsp high quality vanilla extract
30g cacao nibs
Sprinkling of raw coco powder (optional) 

After setting the oven to 170c, combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. 

Take a little less than a tablespoon amount for each cookie and place on a lined baking tray.

Place in the oven for 20 minutes and then enjoy! 

Please note: you may not need the total amount of coconut oil, it's best to add it last and stop pouring if the mixture starts to turn greasy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment