margin-left:-80px;

Monday 10 March 2014

Eat Aesthetics: Hail to the Kale

It's the super, super food that's got healthy foodies going wild. My first encounter with the curly lettuce was in a whole foods smoothie, bright green in colour and surprisingly reallly tasty (especially if blended with kiwi, apple and broccoli!). 

However, with all the above benefits, it also comes with a price tag if you buy it in premade smoothies or meals. Instead I buy kale raw, at just £1.50 for an extremely large bag. 

Here are two ideas to introduce the plant into your day to day diet...cheaply (with out really noticing too!).

KALE CHIPS



Simply wash the leaves and if needed, remove stems. Place on a baking sheet with a dash of olive oil, salt and place in the oven at 160• for 5-10 minutes. 

Once removed from the oven, kale chips are the perfect crunchy snack! 

For a bit more flavour, I also added chilli flakes and chipotle salt.

SMOOTHIE BOOSTERS

Add kale to any homemade smoothie recipe (see previous post). I've added it to a super berry blend and my blood orange recipe. 

Have you tried kale before? I'd love to hear of more uses for it, I think I'm addicted! 






No comments:

Post a Comment